Welcome back to the Eat Around Tonbridge Job’s Board and here is the first one of 2017! We have a great job to kick us off! Don’t forget other jobs can be found on the job board so please take a look there too.
Good luck and remember to mention where you saw the job post!
The Bakehouse at 124, High Street, Tonbridge
Our Mission statement
To bring enjoyment back to eating a simple slice of bread and be a beacon for slowly produced food. Served like we’re friends and sourced with integrity.
The Bakehouse at 124 is an Artisan Bakery and Coffee Shop, with exciting new projects planned and our café becoming increasingly busy we need a person looking for a new challenge who isn’t afraid of hard work.
You will be happy to work some evenings and most Sundays, as well as ensuring the all other trading hours are flowing smoothly. We need a foodie who loves to produce quality dishes with a passion for making everything from scratch as standard and supporting, wherever possible, local like-minded artisan food producers -therefore bringing fantastic and tasty food to our customers.
You will be able to lead a small team with excellent attention to detail when it comes to menu planning, stock ordering and food safety. You will be expected to take ownership of the success of our kitchen and the responsibility for developing new menu items. We need a person who is able to help us implement new procedures to ensure our standards are maintained as we grow. We need to develop new recipe cards, cost information and working schedules – this will be one of the first things you take charge of as our new Kitchen Manager.
- Understanding food hygiene, managing and maintaining the highest standards at all times.
- Understanding rota planning and managing staff.
- Enthusiasm for helping our events manager run new evening events and develop new menus.
- Working with the Bakery and Counter staff to share resources to use our space, staff and ingredients with maximum efficiency.
- You will be very organised and capable of producing a large volume of food in a small kitchen.
- Be a leader when it comes to bringing energy and fun to the workplace whilst maintaining order and our hardworking ethos.
- You must know how to run a food service and send out high quality dishes quickly.
- You must be able to use technology to help you work better or willing to learn quickly the wonders of a spreadsheet.
- You will be an ambassador for our attitude towards food and be excited to engage with our customers about our ethos and why we do things the way we do.
- You need to be willing to help out in all departments and have a flexible attitude towards assisting the business grow in other areas.
- You will report to the shop manager and be able to be a keyholder and duty manager for one or two days a week.
- Not essential, but experience baking cakes and working with pastry would be helpful.
You might be seeking to step up from your current position or have experience already, we are willing to consider most backgrounds as long as you are willing to commit to helping us achieve excellence.
Salary from £18 000 depending on experience.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or pop in for a chat.