Quick add on for the Saturday to-do list!
It’s Saturday and you may well be thinking about plans for the weekend. The weather is dry and we have lots on offer in Tonbridge – pub lunch with the children at one of our great local pubs? Trip to Haysden, lunch at the fantastic Cafe in the Park followed by a play on the swings? Picnic on the castle lawn this evening at the Luna cinema?
Whatever you’re planning, make sure you add to your list of things to do ‘Nominate in the Kent Life Food & Drink Awards!’
If you’re eating out with children and enjoy the experience (I know it’s a long shot) thanks to great customer service from the staff, why not nominate them in the Kent Life Food and Drink Awards for the Family Dining Award? This is a new award for 2017 and allows parents to say thank you to eateries that accommodate children with a smile, rather than a grimace and frustration! I think Tonbridge is a very child-friendly place to eat, from Saltwaters at the bottom of the High Street (awarded best fish and chips by a local scout group!) to The Ivy House at the top and everywhere in between.
Last year our very own Sulston’s Kitchen won Newcomer of the Year at the awards and we have some strong contenders again: thanks to our recent renaissance. A few to consider are:
- 65mm coffee (award winning already!) at The Old Fire Station;
- Creams Factory with its fantastic ice cream and child-friendly service;
- ever popular Thai Gaab Kao;
- Tapas restaurant, The Clock House;
- Nancy’s Tea Rooms, bring grandparents and children together with its afternoon tea themed events;
- Saltwaters – great fish and chips;
- social enterprise Beyond the Grounds still qualifies and
- Greensand Ridge distillery, home of the eponymous gin.
There may well be others! This isn’t an exclusive list but I’ve tried to include as many as I can to inspire you! So get nominating!
Castle, 65mm coffee, Beyond the Grounds, Creams Factory and The Clock House photos copyright Studio 23 Photography.